peer-to-peer-jam-role-model-talk Peer to Peer JAM + Role Model Talk
January 12, 2023 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm MST
Peer-to-Peer Jam & Role Model Talk
Building our future leaders by connecting and engaging in conversation with peers and learning from inspiring leaders from diverse industries sharing their inspiring stories, career paths, and leadership wisdom in a safe environment.
The goal of our Peer-to-Peer JAM is:
- To build our next generation of leaders.
- To encourage young women to use their voices
- To build confidence, use their voice and own their worth
- To learn from like-minded peers
- To participate in the discussion
- To learn the career paths of role models from diverse industries
- To learn valuable skills, moderating, networking, time management, goal setting, career development
Who attends? Future Leaders 13 – 17
AGENDA (Recorded Session) – January 12, 2023 – 5:00 pm MST | 7:00 pm EST
- 5:00 pm MST – Green Room – Welcome – Introductions Peers and Role Model-Guest
- 5:10 pm MST – Role Model Talk – Moderator Olivia Day interviews Role Model (20 min)
- 5:30 pm MST – Peer to Peer JAM Q and A (all Youth to Participate)
Peer-to-Peer Jam – Inspiring discussion with young women by peers!
The Peer-to-Peer JAM creates an opportunity for young women to start their leadership journey, learn the value of building trusted relationships, setting goals, making healthy decisions overcoming barriers, aiming for the stars and dreaming big!
RoleModel Talks – Youth Perspective
Do you remember what you wanted to be or achieve when you were young? We know that women learn from other women. The stories and paths to success are critical to overcoming barriers and providing support in business and in life. Our Role Model talks are led by youth interviewing inspiring leaders from diverse industries sharing their career path, words of leadership wisdom, and insight into navigating their own career paths and future.
Peer-to-Peer Topics (Upcoming Events)
- January 12 – Goal Setting + One Word + Role Model (TBA)
- February 22 – Self-Confidence – Pink Shirt Day + Role Model (TBA)
- March 9 – Celebrating International Women’s Day – Building Your Network + Role Model (TBA)
- April 13 – Resilience – Having Tough Conversations + Role Model (TBA)
- May 11 – Mental Health – Kindness and Gratitude + Role Model (TBA)
- June 8 – Leading Core Values + Role Model (TBA)
Moderator – Olivia Day – Ski Racer, UWN Youth Ambassador | 2021 Women of Inspiration Youth Excellence Leader
JAM with Kaiya Gamble – Singer-Songwriter – Musician | UWN Youth AMbassador | 2019 Women of Inspiration Youth Excellence