Nominate A Woman of Inspiration
1. Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award
A woman who has overcome adversity and is inspiring to others by advocating for causes to support women across Canada. She is an advocate for change, leads by example, practices mentorship and has a proven track record of success as an inspiration to women.
2. Authentic Leader Award
A woman who demonstrates exemplary leadership and has made significant contributions to her industry. She has not only earned the respect of her superiors to rise as a business leader and role model, but she has also earned the admiration of her peers. She empowers and supports other women in her workplace. She emphasizes building honest relationships, values input, has the mindset of an entrepreneur, and leads by example. courage, She is changing the landscape in which women serve.
3. Cultural Ambassador Award
A woman with a record of significant contribution by way of her dedication to enriching the lives of others through visual, literary, performing arts, film or broadcasting. She is an advocate for women and leads by example to make an impact in the lives of others through her work.
4. Customer Experience Award
Sometimes women shy away from having the spotlight shine on themselves. This woman is deserving of the spotlight. Her personal dedication to her ideals concerning customer service ar second to none. We could all learn from her skill as an exceptional ambassador for the organization or company she represents as she serves the public with dignity.
5. Difference Maker Award
A woman with commitment and passion for serving others while making an impact and leading with purpose. Through her work as a compassionate and caring humanitarian, she demonstrates the application of business development strategies to implement solutions for social, cultural or environmental issues.
6. Diversity and Inclusiveness Award
This award recognizes that the strength to pursue personal goals is not limited to a single age group nor gender, skillset or world of work. The recipient of this award has met with challenges that may have discriminated against them because of their physical differences or any other human rights issues such as race, age, gender or sexuality.
7. Dream Builder Award
The recipient is a woman who is demonstrating that there is a space and a place for women who wear steel-toed boots to work. The award winner of this category has successfully challenged a world of work typically occupied by males. She is a cheerleader for women who seek employment in non-traditional areas including heavy equipment operation, construction, and trades.
8. Game Changer Award
A woman who has set her goals as an entrepreneur to forge a path on the road less travelled and to create a vision for her company on a global platform. She is a thought leader and visionary with a disruptor mindset able to adapt to changing markets. She has proven examples of success with established national, international and global platforms.
9. Global Impact Award
A woman who is recognized for breaking down barriers in her industry with documented success. She believes in empowering women to follow in her footsteps. She is a visionary leader of an international or global corporation. Her significant contribution to the betterment of her community locally, nationally and globally.
10. Health and Wellness Advocate
Being an influential leader and advocate for the bigger picture related to good health and wellness practices and solutions is a mammoth task. The recipient of this award champions for good health and wellness through personal endeavors, achievements, recognition and/or scientific acclaim. Her work in this field and her advocacy has significance.
11. Indigenous Leader Award
The recipient of the Indigenous Leader Award is a trailblazer. She is a woman who leads by her example to empower those around her. She is a business leader, entrepreneur, or professional who is making an impact in her community. She inspires others to dream big and to use their voice to influence positive, meaningful outcomes.
12. Influencer Award
This woman has a global vision coupled with a contagious message to share with the world. She radiates passion and purpose to make an impact in her community and this passion extends as far as her voice can reach. She is of service as a mentor paving the road less traveled for other women to follow. Influencers may be movement creators, speakers, authors, filmmakers, and recording artists.
13. Innovation Award
As an innovator, this woman is recognized for implementing something new with a following that matters. It's one thing to create something new; it's quite another to scale the innovation from concept to reality…be it concrete or intangible…to a level that gives it tipping point status with evidence of success (potentially) across international boundaries. This award recognizes the creativity combined with the functionality towards solving a problem be it, for example, in the realm of export, research, thought leadership, manufacturing, technology or health.
14. Inspire Award
This award recognizes an individual whose example is so noteworthy as to spontaneously inspire others. This award is given to someone who not only embraces their personal ability to create influence for meaningful change but influences others to embrace theirs.
15. Integrity Award
Belief is a powerful engine. This Woman of Inspiration believes so strongly in the outcomes she seeks that her beliefs mould the path she is taking to get there. Her integrity channels her actions and her voice as she strives for solutions in the service she delivers seeking justice for all.
16. Lifetime Achievement Award
The recipient of this award is an extraordinary woman who has manifested a legacy that continues to inspire others. She has dedicated her life to the advancement of others and paved the way for the leaders of tomorrow. She is recognized as an ambassador for women through her extraordinary dedication, personal achievements, and service to others through mentorship, philanthropy, and business.
17. Mentorship Award
As a leader, coach or mentor, this is a businesswoman or professional who has dedicated her career to the advancement of women. She leads by example with a visible track record for success. She believes in the circle of reciprocity and empowers women to use their voice to make effective changes personally and professionally.
18. Millennial Leader Award
This rising star is a young woman who makes an impact through her personal involvement in business, community projects, and volunteering. She is an exemplary role model breaking barriers and traditional silos with proven business success. She is a young woman of influence, and inspiration in her community and she has the potential to expand her reach across Canada if not beyond Canada’s borders.
19. Nest Award
The recipient of this award is a single-parent mom who has overcome adversity and demonstrates resiliency. She is a business leader with proven success. She has transformed her life and the lives of her children with dignity and grace. She is a role model for her children. She is a mentor and advocate for single moms. She demonstrates by example that if she can do it, so can you, too.
20. Rural Leader Award
The recipient of this award is a leader in her community. She may be an entrepreneur, professional or business leader whose leadership and reach is defined more by recognition than by geography. Her determination, voice, and work make her a sought-after example for trailblazing roads less travelled. The Rural Leader Award recipient resides in rural Canada.
21. SupportHER Award
A company, organization or person that champions for women in their networks, workplaces, and communities. A SupportHER is a team player and active mentor who paves the road to empower women in leadership roles. A SupportHER is a champion for the inclusion of women in the goals and the vision of the enterprise. Examples include advancements in board membership, promotions leading to senior management positions and relevant professional development.
22. Trailblazer (STEM) Award
A woman who has broken barriers in the workplace or business community in the category of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, innovation or research. She is a catalyst for change and has made a significant contribution as a business leader. With her entrepreneurial spirit, she has a proven track record of her success.
23. Unsung Hero Award
A woman who has made a significant contribution to empower, advance, advocate, or support women in Canada. She is a service leader and role model in the public sector that demonstrates extraordinary leadership, commitment to cause, courage, and integrity. Nominations are open to women in public service to include: Police, Military, Firefighters, Canadian Forces, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
24. Vision Builder Award
Vision shapes our future. Vision shows us the way. Vision needs vision builders. It’s the vision builders who see the possibilities that are supported by education. They see knowledge as the gateway to get us there. This businesswoman is a vision builder who enables others to rev up their confidence to help make their dreams come true.
25. Youth Excellence Award
The recipient is a young role model who is making an impact in their community inspiring youth to think outside the box, follow their dreams and take action to put these dreams into motion. Our youth excellence award is an entrepreneur, trailblazer, inventor, performer under the age of 18 years old.
2020 Women of Inspiration™ Virtual Awards – November 17, 2020
As we experience the effects of a global pandemic, It is critical to recognize the achievements of leaders in our community that inspire hope, and lead by example to pave the way for others to follow!
We are seeking Sponsors, Partners, Media, and Community Partners to help make this happen! Please contact us, let’s have a chat!
Dates will be announced shortly. COVID-19 has put restrictions on large gatherings. Stay tuned for details about our 2020 Women of Inspiration™ Virtual Awards and Women of Inspiration Nominee Experiences!
Awards | Performances | Keynote
Complete the Online Nomination.
Nominees must submit a Nominee Package (see form below) to be eligible.
Nominations for Women of Inspiration™ deadline June 30 | Nominee Packages – July 8, 2020.
NOMINATE A WOMAN OF INSPIRATION™ OR SUPPORTHER™
A Woman of Inspiration is an extraordinary woman who leads by example, lives on purpose and inspires others to be more and do more. She is an every-day hero, game-changer, mover and shaker and role model who leads by example with courage, confidence, commitment, and integrity, empowers those around her, and makes an impact in her community and around the globe.
Step 1: Nominate a Woman of Inspiration – Deadline June 30, 2020
Step 2: Completed Nomination Package – Deadline July 8, 2020
Step 3: Share the good news that you have been nominated! Nominees receive a special 2020 Women of Inspiration™ Awards Nominee Logo to add to your signature, website, LinkedIn, and Social Media Platforms.
Step 4: Purchase your Tickets (DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE PIVOTING. DETAILS AVAILABLE SOON) – Women of Inspiration™ Virtual Awards.
- Nominees and nominators will receive a notification once a nomination has been received. A nomination package must be completed by the nominee by the deadline in order to be eligible.
- All completed and eligible nomination packages will be forwarded to the Selection Committee for judging. Universal Womens Network™ reserves the right to withhold an award in any category.
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years by submitting a new Nomination Package and meeting the requirements for nomination.
- Finalists will be notified prior to the event to attend the VIP Reception and Awards Gala. Award winners will be announced at the National Women of Inspiration Gala.
- Gala tickets are not included.
- Nominee and Finalist’s names, bio and photo may be published for editorial, marketing or promotional materials for Universal Womens Network™, Women of Inspiration™ Awards and Women of Inspiration™ Gala.
- Nominator provides consent on behalf of the nominee for submitting the Nomination Application. A Nominee may opt to decline nomination by contacting Universal Womens Network™.
- It is mandatory for all Women of Inspiration™ Award Recipients to become MentorHER™ Mentors. Commitment is 1 year (2 – 3 hours a month).
- Nominees will be added to our CRM for updates about our network and details about our awards.
2020 Women of Inspiration Awards
Women of Inspiration™ Awards is an inspirational public event featuring awe-inspiring keynote speakers and offers an opportunity to rub shoulders, celebrate and acknowledge the women and men who are disruptors, game-changers, difference makers, trailblazers, and newsmakers.
This event is about connecting and recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of women on a national scale. It’s is also an opportunity to connect local, national and global stakeholders, network and build valuable relationships with other thought leaders, industry experts, and visionaries.
Women of Inspiration™ Award Winners will be recognized at our Awards in one (2) cities across Canada.
2020 Women of Inspiration™ Virtual Awards
Details announced soon! COVID-19 has us pivoting!
Experience Women of Inspiration™ Awards – Watch VIDEO from last year!
By nominating a woman, you are telling her and the world that she is an extraordinary and courageous woman that is inspiring others and making an impact on the lives of others. A woman of inspiration overcomes challenges with grace and lifts those around her. By nominating a woman, you are honoring her accomplishments, opportunity to build a legacy, validating her hard work, dedication, contribution in the workplace, elevating her personal and professional profile, an opportunity to be recognized locally, nationally and globally.
Nominating a woman who inspires you shows her that she has made an impact. This recognition could make all the difference in her world to keep moving forward in her purpose. When we celebrate the achievements of one woman, we celebrate all women!
- Elevate her leadership confidence and visibility;
- Provide her recognition on a local, national, and global level;
- Validate her hard work, while affirming she’s on the right path;
- Discover new opportunities to further her personally and professionally;
- Increase her circle of influence with other like-minded women;
- Attract and retain key talent and recognize your leaders.
We believe that “Every Woman Has a Story” and look forward to recognizing women and the men who SupportHER™ across Canada inspiring others in their community and around the globe to do more and be more!
2020 WOMEN OF INSPIRATION™ AWARD CATEGORIES
- Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award
- Authentic Leader Award
- Cultural Ambassador Award.
- Customer Experience Award
- Difference Maker Award
- Diversity and Inclusiveness Award
- Dream Builder Award
- Game Changer Award
- Global Impact Award
- Health and Wellness Advocate
- Indigenous Leader Award
- Influencer Award
- Innovation Award
- Inspire Award
- Integrity Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mentorship Award
- Millennial Leader Award
- Nest Award
- Rural Leader Award
- SupportHER Award
- Trailblazer (STEM) Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Vision Builder Award
- Youth Excellence Award
For a complete description of the characteristics of each Women of Inspiration™ category, See categories.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Any individual or organization may nominate a Woman of Inspiration™. We accept nominations from women from all stages of business and life representing all industries. Previous nominees have included women from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds: entrepreneurs, businesswomen, professionals, executives, scientists, arts and media, not-for-profits, journalists, thought leaders, authors, athletes, lawyers, doctors, musicians, youth (under the age of 18), women with disabilities, advocates and women in public service from across Canada.
- Announcement as Woman of Inspiration™ Nominee on the Universal Womens Network™ website and featured in our newsletter. Watch for social media mentions leading to up to Women of Inspiration™ Awards.
- Increase your circle of influence with like-minded leaders and key stakeholders.
- Invitation to attend our VIP Nominee Reception.
- Opportunity to be recognized by our Media Partners.*
- Elevate your personal and professional profile nationally.
- Increased credibility of your business profile or cause.
- Enhance your legacy.
- Be a part of the Women of Inspiration™ Gala and make valuable connections.
- Invited to join as a WOIAlumni
- The feeling of being acknowledged, PRICELESS!
- Presented with a Women of Inspiration™ Award
- Special Letter of Recognition;
- Opportunity to be interviewed by Universal Womens Network™
- Recognized on Universal Womens Network™ website, newsletter, social media;
- Receive 2020 Women of Inspiration™ Awards Badge for your email signature, LinkedIn, Social Media, Website;
- Elevate your leadership;
- Become a Woman of Inspiration™ Alumni;
- Recognized as Woman of Inspiration™ Award recipient locally, nationally or globally;
- 2020 Award Recipients Announced in National Post.
We believe that being nominated is an honor that should be shouted from the mountaintop! We look forward to celebrating with you!
Call one of our LIVE calls and we can answer your questions about our awards, business expo and completing your nomination package! CLICK HERE to JOIN – 1:00 pm (MDT local Calgary, AB) (30 min)
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Nominees must attend Women of Inspiration™ Awards Gala in either: Calgary or Toronto.
- Nominees must complete and submit a Nomination Package. Don’t wait to leverage your nomination personally and professionally submit your Nomination Package today! No late entries accepted. Complete the Nomination Package.
- If you are not already a member, you may choose to become a member of Universal Womens Network™.
- To be eligible for the Millennial Leader Award, the nominee must be 34-years-old or younger on January 1, 2020.
- To be eligible for the Youth Excellence Award, the nominee must be under the age of 18 on January 1, 2020. Any nominees under the age of 18 must have a letter of consent from a legal guardian.
- Universal Womens Network™ reserves the right to withhold an award in any category and holds final determination on all awards.
- The selection committee reserves the right to move a nominee to a category more suited to their strengths and skillsets without notification. View Categories.
- Nominees and finalist’s names, bio, the photo will be published for editorial, marketing or promotional materials for Universal Womens Netowork™ and Women of Inspiration™.
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years. A new Nomination and Nomination Package must be submitted by the deadline.
- This is an awards competition. Our Selection Committee Members have all signed Privacy Statements. They have been instructed to not accept LinkedIn requests or be in direct communication with Nominees until after awards.
- Nominees will be automatically subscribed to our newsletter for event information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How to Nominate? Anyone may complete and submit an online nomination form. Once the Nomination form is submitted. The Nominee will be notified via email and invited to submit the Nomination Package.
- Who is responsible for completing the nomination package? Nominees are responsible for completing and submitting the Nominee Package online.
- What is the expectation for a WOI Nominee? We have special events planned to celebrate our nominees prior to the event. Our WOI Nominees are Ambassadors of Women of Inspiration™ and must be in attendance at Women of Inspiration™ Awards Gala to be eligible. Women of Inspiration™ Award Recipients pay it forward to become a MentorHER™ Mentor for a min of one-year.
- Letter of Reference – We require Nominees to submit a min of (2) Reference letters in support of their nomination. Anyone internally or externally in your organization, board member, advisory council, mentor, or a person who can speak to your accomplishments and achievements may provide you with a letter of reference. Please submit in the form of a single PDF Doc with all letters of reference attached.
- Letter of Consent – A letter of consent must be provided by parents or legal guardians for women under the age of 18.
- Do Nominees need to purchase event tickets for friends and family? Yes, Nominees are required to purchase Gala tickets prior to the deadline of September 4, 2020.
- Nominees must be present to be eligible for an award you must be present.
- How Is Judging Completed?
- Judging will be based solely on completed Nomination Package content submitted to Universal Womens Network™. 2020 Awards Recipients will be announced at the Women of Inspiration™ Awards.
- How are Award Winners Chosen? All Nominee Packages are reviewed by our Selection Committee. Each member of our Selection Committee has signed a Confidentiality Agreement. Each nomination package will be reviewed by our Selection committee based on the information submitted. Please ensure packages are completed before submitting them. Incomplete packages will not be eligible.
- Criteria: Completed Nomination Package include: Headshots, Letters of Reference, Awards and Recognition, Proven Personal and Business Success, Leadership, mentorship, evidence of advocacy for the advancement of women, and your own personal story of inspiration. We want to shine the light on those who are living on purpose, leading by example, share our values and inspire others to be more and do more!
- May I nominate a past Women of Inspiration Nominee or Finalist? We will accept nominations for Women of Inspiration™ who have been nominated in previous years.
- Are there any industry, cultural, or religious restrictions? No