The Universal Womens Network™ announces the 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Awards Recognizing Women Across Industries and the Globe.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (Calgary, AB, November 9, 2022) For the eight year, Monica Kretschmer, the powerhouse CEO of Universal Womens Network™ recognizes women from diverse industries and for the first time, around the world. The Universal Womens Network™—the organization behind the Women of Inspiration™ Awards, honoured the achievements of 52 women including one male ally. Committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, the Women of Inspiration™ Awards raised the bar to elevate women to be seen, heard and valued. The result was a flawlessly executed global stage honouring women. Watch the WOI2022 Awards.
Viewers, nominees and winners alike spanning five continents describe this year’s virtual event as a powerful platform to inspire leaders at all levels to connect and celebrate. The Women of Inspiration™ Awards have recognized the achievements of over 1,000 women who lead, inspire and motivate while empowering a movement to SupportHER™. Meet the 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Award recipients.
Through the Women of Inspiration™ Awards, we see the impact of all women from diverse industries including those underrepresented by women. Women from all levels of business, walks of life and ages recognized for their achievements, contribution to the economy, and impact around the world. They are CEOs of companies, entrepreneurs, truck drivers, scientists, innovators, wellness experts, space explorers, industry executives, visionaries and SupportHER Allies from youth to women with a significant track record of achievement. Categories include Dream Builder, Youth Excellence, Women-Led, Trailblazer (STEM), Diversity and Inclusion, Women in Media, SupportHER allies to name a few. This year’s Lifetime of Achievement Award recognized the Honourable Dr. Jean Augustine, Canada’s first African Canadian woman to be elected to the House of Commons.
If we don’t see them, we can’t aspire to be them. These awards support the evidence of the value women bring to the table. Whether leading lifesaving research or representing billion-dollar brands, the Women of Inspiration™ Awards recognize the many contributions women are making. From the frontlines as truck drivers to behind-the-scenes scientists, or as innovators, entrepreneurs and women at the helm of corporate companies, it’s critical for women to be visible. The common thread is that they are role models using their voice to drive change.
“The Universal Womens Network™ and Women of Inspiration™ Awards is about empowering women in all industries along with SupportHER™ allies. We are proud to partner with industry leaders: RBC, AMJ Campbell, Randstad Canada, SureCall, Mitacs, Banff Sunshine Village and Enbridge Gas committed to advancing women in leadership as visible champions of equity, diversity and inclusion across North America,” Kretschmer shares.
A Women of Inspiration™ Award empowers a woman to step into her spotlight, be heard, lead and take action to Raise the Bar for all women. These women show us the possibilities, the future and the opportunities to inspire change.
“Stepping into the spotlight gives permission for others to do the same. When we celebrate the achievements of one woman, we celebrate the achievements of all women. We pave the path for our future leaders, bring awareness to industries underrepresented by women, elevate visibility to women-led businesses and impact the value women contribute at all levels of business as well as to society as a whole,” says Kretschmer.
Women throughout the world are being challenged for their convictions. Sometimes their freedoms are at risk. In a recent study by the Gates Foundation, women are 100 years behind in achieving equality. To achieve parity, we encourage women to lead, we invite corporations and allies to the conversation. We challenge everyone to play a role to inspire action, break the barriers and raise the bar for women to succeed personally and professionally.
The Universal Womens Network™ is a global platform committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We recognize the achievements of women through the Women of Inspiration™ Awards. We are proud to be driving change as a diverse network welcoming men to the conversation as allies and SupportHER’s. Learn more.
Experience the ripple effect from intense emotion award recipients expressed sharing what it means to be recognized. Read the inspiring words from 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Award recipients.
2022 Women of Inspiration™ Award Recipients: Meet the WOI Award Winners.
- Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award – Cathy Nesbitt – Cathy’s Crawly Composters
- Authentic Leader Award Ramin Fazel – Regional Vice President, Downtown Toronto, RBC
- Authentic Leader Award – Susie DeRidder – Truck Driver, Day Ross
- Authentic Leader Award – Lavanya Hariharan – Supervisor Technician Services, Enbridge Gas
- Authentic Leader Award – Asawari Lele – Account Manager, National Real Estate Group, Toronto Dominion Bank
- Authentic Leader Award – Samantha Sannella – Canadian National Director, Total Workplace Americas, Cushman and Wakefield
- Authentic Leader Award – Tina Powell – Glorious is She – Founder and Chief Content Creator
- Authentic Leader Award – Annemarie Heikenwalder – Head of Sales and Marketing, Diamond Aircraft Industries Inc.
- Authentic Leader Award – Neelima Mangal – Chief, Global head of Delivery, Nutcache Technology
- Authentic Leader Award – Naz Zehra – Learning and Development Business Partner, DELL
- Authentic Leader Award – Brianne Gardner – Velocity Investment Partners at Raymond James Ltd.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness Award presented by Randstad Canada – Lexi Pathak– President and Partner, Faulhaber Communications
- Black Woman Leader Award – Patrice Barnes – Trustee, Durham District School Board
- Cultural Ambassador Award – Sherry Shaw Froggatt – Publisher, AirdrieLife Magazine
- Customer Experience Award – Jamie L. Smith – Chief Experience Officer and Co-founder, Amplify Advisors
- Difference Maker Award – Danielle McCarron – Vice President of Inpatient and Virtual Programs, Canadian Addiction Treatment Centers
- Dream Builder Award presented by AMJ Campbell – Janet Wardle – President and CEO, MHI Canada Aerospace Inc.
- Game Changer Award – Shannon Bryne Susko – Founder and CEO, Metronomics
- Health and Wellness Award – Crystal Greenwood – Owner and Instructor, Okami Martial Arts
- Immigrant Leader Award – Ayra Modalo – CEO, Modalink Immigration Services Inc.
- Indigenous Leader Award – Leigh Joseph – Founder and CEO, Skwalen Botanicals
- Influencer Award – Stephanie Coughlan – Owner, SMC Sports Inc.
- Innovation Award – Jennifer LeBrun – CEO and Founder, ULAT Dryer Balls
- Inspire Award – Caroline Power – Founder and CEO, Canadian HR Solutions (CHRS)
- Integrity Award – Patricia Ziegler – Consultant, Chair, Board of Directors
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Hon. Dr. Jean Augustine, P.C., C.M., O.Ont., C.B.E. – Founder, Jean Augustine Centre for Young Women’s Empowerment
- Mentorship Award – Chantal Brine – CEO, EnPoint
- Millennial Leader Award – Kendra Scurfield – Director of Brand and Communications, Banff Sunshine Village
- Nest Award Presented by Sunshine Village – Shannon Smadella – CEO, Executive Consultant, Insight Global
- Raising the Bar Award – Lindsay Sill – Executive Consultant, Sill Media Inc.
- Rising Leader Award – Bailey Parnell – Founder and CEO, SkillsCamp
- Rural Leader Award – Angele Miller – CEO, Creekside RnR Glamping
- Social Impact Award – Jessica Dirom – Director, Donor Relations and Development, STARS
- SupportHER (Ally) Award presented by Enbridge Gas – Reetu Gupta – Chairwoman, Ambassadress, The Gupta Group | Shawn Gibson – Partner, Incito
- Trailblazer (STEM) Award presented by Mitacs – Kristin Davis-Ouwejan – Co-founder and COO, Zs2 Technologies
- Transformational Leader Award – Ally Stone – Founder and CEO, The Inspired Leader
- Vision Builder Award – Shauna Levy – Founder, Madge and Mercer Modern Apothecary
- Women-Led Award presented by SureCall – Jennifer Hamilton – CEO, Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Inc.
- Women in Media Award – Tara Slone – TV Personality
- Youth Excellence Award presented by RBC – Allysha Nichole Nolassco – Youth Volunteer, Advocate, Model | Prerana Manoj – Co-founder and Lead, Trailblazers X Impact
- International Advocate and Catalyst for Change – Sampurna Chatterjee – Transitional Scientist, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- International Authentic Leader – Ukachi Anonyou – Vice President, Global Packaging Innovation Strategy and Portfolio Management – The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- International Trailblazer (STEM) – Dr. Vanessa Farsadaki – Managing Partner and Space Medicine Expert – Space Exploration Strategies
- International Diversity and Inclusion Award – Maryse Gordon – Partnerships and Business Development Manager, RepRisk
- International Mentorship Award – Kisa Caruthers – Senior Electrical Engineer, Burns & McDonnell
- International Influencer Award – Dr. Jill Lopez – Founder and CEO, Vet Candy
- International Millennial Leader Award – Melissa Church – CEO, Digi Buzz/ Bad Science Jokes
- International Difference Maker – Padmini Navalgund – Senior Manager, Bosch Global Software Technologies
- International Social Impact – Velveeta Viban – Founder and Executive Director, I’m Human Org
- International Women in Media – Emprezz Golding – Youth Advocate, Media Personality, Social Entrepreneur
For media inquiries please contact: Monica Kretschmer – CEO of Universal Womens’ Network™, Women of Inspiration™ and SupportHER™
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE RECOGNIZED! #WOI2022RAISETHEBAR
Throughout my professional life I have repeatedly heard directly and indirectly from others that I am an inspiration to them. So, when I learned that I won the Inspire Award it resonated quite deeply within my psyche as I, truly, personify it. One of the benefits of this award is that it enhances my platform and creates a focal point for others who are in search of a role model. I am humbled, grateful, and excited about this recognition. Dr. Caroline Cole Power – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Inspire Award
To be recognized for the Women of Inspiration™ Awards is inspiring in its own and is a true honor as in that moment in time it makes you reflect on the impact that was made in someone else’s life and how your actions and doing have also inspired them to follow their dreams and take a step forward. It has been an amazing experience to be surrounded and connected with such a diverse group of many other inspiring women from across the globe. Thank you to Universal Womens Network™ for recognizing and offering a platform to elevate women. Angele Miller – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Rural Leader Award
Beyond grateful to the Universal Women’s Network™ for selecting me from over 900 nominees across five continents as this year’s 2022 Women of Inspiration™ International Authentic Leader Award! A special thank you to Monica and the Universal Womens Network™ for providing a unique platform for women with diverse careers and experiences to come together to be seen, heard, celebrated and appreciated as well as empowering us all to lead, inspire, motivate and continue to Raise the Bar. Ukachi Anonyou – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ International Authentic Leader Award
To win the Mentorship Award represents the kind of legacy and impact I am striving to create. This recognition is a timely reminder of my “why” and to celebrate the wins along the way of entrepreneurship and career. Chantal Brine -2022 Women of Inspiration™ Mentorship Award
I am truly humbled to have been honored with this year’s Women in Media Award. What an amazing, accomplished and dedicated group to be part of. Thank you to Monica and everyone at the Universal Womens Network™ for your invaluable work in this space. Tara Slone – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Women in Media Award
To be recognized as a Woman of Inspiration has motivated me to continue along the sometimes-difficult path of carving new pathways for women. The magnetic experience of being amongst such powerful and humble women reminded me of the importance of the work we do, and that by showing up for ourselves or others we are changing the world. I feel rejuvenated, excited, and extremely grateful. Danielle McCarron – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Difference Maker Award
I am honoured and proud to be recognized as a Women of Inspiration Authentic Leader for 2022. I want to empower women in the wealth management industry and will continue to break barriers and make waves. I hope my commitment to raising the bar for other women is contagious and if you ever need a cheerleader in your corner, or want career advice, I’m your person! A sincere thank you to my family, team, friends, firm and peers that have supported me throughout the years. I am humbled to learn that my work and life are inspiring to others. Brianne Gardner – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Authentic Leader Award
It is a recognition of the whole team at Amplify Advisors to be recognized for Customer Experience and win this award. In our work helping growth businesses with a financial strategy, we focus on Client Experience. Being recognized for how we deliver our services is meaningful. As Chief Experience Officer, my priority is supporting our purpose, values, and Client Experience. As CxO, I help our CPAs, Recruiters and NetSuite experts differentiate and bring value to the underserved yet critical employer businesses in our communities. I am humbled and honoured to represent us; no category could mean more. Jamie L. Smith – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Customer Experience Award
This recognition further reinforces the fact that who we are is shaped by our social fabric! I am so blessed to be surrounded by an amazing family, incredible mentors, colleagues, friends and role models from all walks of like who have had a profound impact on me. Although this recognition comes on the heels of a select few sharing their experiences with me, reading through their nominations was a great reminder of the ripple effect that all of our actions have on us and others. I will continue to do my part in leaving the world a better place. Ramin Fazel – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Authentic Leader Award
Wow, what an absolute honour to receive a Women of Inspiration™ Award. I am grateful to be amongst such a wonderful and empowering group of women and to be a part of the Universal Womens Network™. My son and I had a great evening watching the awards and even let out a few tears of joy as my name was announced. I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude. Thank you, Monica, for your vision and for creating such a meaningful network that celebrates women. Shannon Smadella – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Authentic Leader Award
Universal Womens Network™ is an incredible organization supporting women. When we are encouraged and feel supported, we can literally move mountains. To be recognized is to be seen. It can be lonely at times leading the charge. I was honoured and thrilled to receive the Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award at the Women of Inspiration™ Awards. One of my favourite expressions is “without awareness action is impossible”. This recognition allows me the opportunity to share my message with a wider audience. Being in the company of so many powerful women is inspiring! Cathy Nesbitt – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award
It was such an honour to be recognized as a UWN 2022 Women of Inspiration Authentic Leader Award recipient! As our CEO, Monica Kretschmer, always says, “When you celebrate the accomplishments of one woman, you celebrate all women.” That’s why we must make time to celebrate the accomplishments of our colleagues, our employees, our suppliers, our peers, our community, our friends, and our family. Nominate someone for a Women of Inspiration Award today! Not only will you be paying her the greatest compliment, you will be celebrating ALL women. Tina Powell – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ Authentic Leader Award
To be regonised for the work I care so deeply about in such a powerful setting is a real honour. I hope this serves as a tool of inspiration to others dedicating their time to make real impact in their workforces for women. I hope we continue to see more women reaching their full potential and being given equal opportunity to shine. I very much appreciate being part of this network of leaders, I look forward to some new friendships, insights and doing great things together. Maryse Gordon – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ International Diversity and Inclusion Award
I would like to thank each one in the family of Universal Womens Network™ for their time and effort to set up this platform. This platform helps women around the world to participate and network with others who are equally contributing to the cause. Among the 900 nominations to narrow down to 52 winners is not an easy task. My heartfelt gratitude to the jury panel. I am inspired by the quote from Monica Kretschmer “ Paving the Path for the Others “. You are here to make the world a better place. I am humbled and thrilled to receive this prestigious award from the Universal Womens Network™. Warm Wishes to all the finalists and the winners. Padmini Navalgund – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ International Difference Maker Award
I am still very humbled to be a maiden recipient from Africa . It has been exhilarating and just a true testament that the sun still shines after rainy days. Every day I am reminded to put my best foot forward and the little girl from yesterday from the small community in Banso, can be more than she was told she can be. I am even more humbled listening to the achievements of the others, WOMEN ARE IN THEMSELVES and AWARD to the communities they reside in. Velveeta Viban – 2022 Women of Inspiration™ International Social Impact