- This event has passed.
virtual SupportHER Day – Be a Visible SupportHER
May 5 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
We are declaring June 2 International SupportHER Day!
According to the United Nations Progress on the Sustainability Development Goals, it will take 286 years to close the global gender gap. Women’s representation in positions of power and decision-making remains below parity. We need visible representation at all levels where decisions are made.
Now more than ever, it is critical for everyone to play a role to champion women. Our SupportHERs (male allies), play a critical role.
The BCG Gender Diversity Survey reported male involvement in Gender Diversity Programs is strongly correlated with Progress toward gender diversity.
- · 96% reported their company made good progress towards gender diversity in the past three years when men are involved.
- · 30% who reported men are not involved.
By recognizing the achievements of women, you value their contribution, bring awareness to industries underrepresented by women, and elevate leaders (at all levels) and positions of power to what is possible.
Join us for a discussion with CEOs and business leaders across diverse industries representing all genders to inspire change in our networks, communities and workplaces.
Time: 9:00 am MST | 11:00 am EST (60 minutes)
Location – Click here to register to join this Virtual Event
Did you know?
- With a diverse board slate (3+ diverse candidates), financial results improve.
- CNN’S (Oct. 2019) S&P Global Market Intelligence Review, highlighted that women publicly traded CEOs/CFOs were more profitable and produced better stock performance.
- For the first time since the Fortune 500 list began 68 years ago, more than 10% of CEOs leading Fortune 500 Companies were women. While women are representing a record enrolment in top MBA schools (41% in 20212) and represent 50% of the population, the numbers aren’t impressive. Great change is needed to support women at all levels and change the numbers.
The Universal Womens Network™ believes everyone plays a role to advance women. We are challenging everyone to take one action to advance a woman in your network workplace and community. Be a visible SupportHER™ and inspire change to achieve equality. We must celebrate positive change, break barriers and take action to inspire change.
We believe everyone plays a role to SupportHER™!
Who is a SupportHER? A SupportHER™ is a champion (male or female, all genders) who promotes the success and advancement of women in their networks, workplaces and communities.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Take one action (or more) to SupportHER™
- Share your story with us on social media about your SupportHERs
- Nominate a Woman or SupportHER deserving of recognition
- Acknowledge the SupportHERs who have supported you on your journey!
Help spread the word in your network. Tag us on social #SupportHERDay #Inspirechange
- Challenge your employees to participate.
- Lead by example in your industry to inspire change.
- Promote SupportHER culture of allyship.
- Support your company goals and initiatives for EDI (equal pay, flexible work environments, removing biases, providing training and opportunities for leadership development).
- Create Supplier Diversity Programs for women-owned businesses and visible minorities.
- Invest in women-owned businesses, and buy from women.
- Write a referral or testimonial, sponsor, and make introductions to key stakeholders.
- Be a champion when she is not in the room.
- Host diverse panels to include women and men.
- Educate yourself on others by having a conversation.
Contact us about sponsorship, programs or ways to engage your workforce.
SupportHER™ ally is a champion (male or female, all gender
1 Jan. 12, 2023 Fortune article https://fortune.com/2023/01/12/fortune-500-companies-ceos-women-10-percent/
2 Nov 12, 2021 Time article https://time.com/6116802/women-business-school-record/