Universal Women-Owned™ Certification
Certifying your business opens opportunities for you to position your company. Certification allows businesswomen to increase visibility and connect to opportunities that otherwise may not be available — such as access to key supplier diversity and procurement executives.
Be visible to customers, vendors and investors as a Universal Women-Owned™ Certified.
Certified Universal Women-Owned™ Business meets the following criteria:
- 51% owned (more than 50%) by one or more women,
- Managed by a female principal executive or;
- Controlled or operated by women in crucial business making decisions (dealing with the company’s finances, operations, personnel, or strategy).
- Payment of Non-Refundable Processing Fee ($750 + tax)
- Submit Online Application.
- Verification of Required Documents.
- Interview with a member of our Certification Committee.
- Once verified, you will receive a verification letter, certification logos (for your website, profiles, and annual reports), a certificate you may include with RFPs, post in your workplace, social media cards and ID Guide.
- Application Process 2- 4 weeks (documents have been submitted and interview completed).
DID YOU KNOW …
- Certification allows businesswomen to increase visibility and connect to opportunities that otherwise may not be available — such as access to key supplier diversity and procurement executives.
- Approximately 97% of Fortune 500 companies have a supplier diversity program where they attribute a percentage of their annual spending to sourcing from under-represented diverse suppliers (including women-owned businesses).
- With these contracts available to diverse suppliers, it provides an invaluable opportunity for women to grow and internationalize their businesses.
- Gain the advantage of submitting RFP as many municipalities have mandates to support women-owned businesses. While it is not a guarantee, it separates you from the rest!
BENEFITS of CERTIFICATION
- Be visible to the consumers as Certified Universal Women-Owned™.
- Brand your product or service with your Certification Logo.
- Proudly market your product or services as women-owned.
- Opportunities for your business to increase revenue and separate yourself from the competitors.
- Access to key diversity and procurement executives.
- Connect with buyers who have mandates to work with women-owned businesses.
- A consistent and reliable source of income from government grants or sub-contracting to companies that award contacts to women-owned.
- Build awareness for women-owned businesses.
- Logo for your website, email signature, service, or packaging on your products.
Step 1: Get Certified – Apply Below
$ 750 – Non-Refundable Processing Fee. Includes Certified Universal Women-Owned™ Certificate, Certification logos, Social Media Cards and Announcement).
Applicants must complete the Online Certification application, submit a Sworn Affidavit, and pay a non-refundable fee. The application process is approximately 2-4 weeks from the date you apply to submit all documents. Annual renewal is required.
Once Certification has been approved, you will receive verification as a Certified Universal Women-Owned™, certification logos and a certificate for use to identify your products and services. Additionally, you will receive a Business Directory Listing, Social Media cards and announcement.
Payment is required for this form. Please click on this link and pay before you fill out and submit this form.Step 1. COMPLETE PAYMENT