Women-Led Business Get Certified
UNIVERSAL WOMEN-LED™ CERTIFICATION
Certifying your business as a Universal Women-Led™ business, you are positioning your company as a company committed to closing the gender gap.
An enterprise with a woman/women, with long-term control and management of the business, equity stake, and an active role in both strategic and day to day decision making.
- Proudly market you are Women-Led.
- Be a visible champion for women in business.
- Opportunities for your business to increase revenue.
- Access to opportunities to access capital to support Women-Led.
- Connect and apply to work with buyers who have mandates to work with Women-Led businesses.
- A consistent and reliable source of income from government grants or sub-contracting to companies who award contacts to Women-Led.
- Brand your product or service with your Certification logo.
- Be visible to the consumer as a Women-Led product.
- Provide the consumer the benefit to show they support Women-Led with your certification logo on your website, email signature, service, or packaging on your products.
- The company must have a women-founder, co-founder, or in an executive position as the visionary or driving the direction of the business.
- Long-term control and management of the business – she must have been engaged in the operation, management, and ownership of the business for a minimum of one year.
- Active role in strategic decision making – involved in elements related to the establishment of priorities, objectives, and goals for the business, along with overall operations of the business.
- Day-to-day decision making of the company including, for example, elements related to financial management, human resources, supply management, logistics, business development, marketing, or customer service.
- She must have an equity stake in the company to demonstrates ownership in the company.
- Company to have been owned by a woman for more than two years.
Step 1: Get Certified
Applicants must complete the online Certification Application Form and pay the non-refundable fee. You will provide an Affidavit to be commissioned and returned. Our Selection Committee will complete the verification process. A meeting may be required to complete the verification process. Annual renewal is required.
Once Certification has been approved, you will receive a Certified Universal Women-Owned™ Logo for use to identify your products and services.
- Payment of Non-Refundable Processing Fee
- Submit Online Application.
- Verification of Required Documents.
- Interview with a member of our Certification Committee.
- Once verified, you will receive an email notification with a Certificate to post in your workplace, certification logo. files, ID Guide.
- Application Process – 2 – 4 weeks
- Expedite Service less than a week available!
STEP 2: Get Visible!
We are elevating Certified Universal Women-Led™ businesses in our Behind the Brand marketing ads. Take your business to the next level and let us help you market your product or service.
Behind the Brand Marketing (optional)
- Social Media Campaign
- Homepage and Social Media
- Behind the Brand Blog Interview
- Behind the Brand Virtual Series – Invited to be on our Panels
- UWomen™ Magazine Feature Blog
Get Certified! Get Visible! According to the stats, women-owned businesses only make up 16% of businesses. Social Media has only 26% combined focus on promoting women in business!
If we do not know who you are, how can we support you1?
Top Companies locally, nationally, and globally are supporting women-owned businesses (WOBs) just to name a few.
- Campbell’s Soup
- General Mills
- General Motors
- Johnson & Johnson
- Proctor and Gamble
- TD Bank
Payment is required for this form. Please click on this link and pay before you fill out and submit this form.Get Certified