Nominate a Male Allie
Nominate a SupportHER™ (Male allies)
We believe everyone plays a role in advancing women.
To achieve equality, we need everyone at the table. We value the role our SupportHER™ (male allies) play in our networks, workplaces and communities committed to advancing women personally and professionally.
SupportHER™s are allies committed to championing women in our networks workplaces and communities. Together we are stronger!
Complete the SupportHER™ Nomination Package below to be eligible.
See eligibility and Q and A for the Women of Inspiration™ Awards. The nominee must be present at the Awards to be eligible. Tickets are not included.
We are recognizing organizations of all sizes as industry leaders committed to ED&I and to advancing women in business. Top Companies – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) SupportHER™ Champions are visible SupportHERs in their industry committed to leveling the playing field. Everyone plays a role to SupportHER™.
The Top Company – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) SupportHER™ Champions recognizes companies that have demonstrated a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. This award honors industry leaders who have taken meaningful action to create an inclusive culture, allyship and to support the advancement of women and underrepresented groups. The recipients of the Top Company – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) SupportHER™ Champions are a company that has inspired and empowered others to join them in their efforts and has made a lasting impact through their work. This award celebrates companies that have the vision and determination to create a more inclusive and equitable workplace for all.
Be a visible leader in your industry. Apply as a Top Company – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion SupportHER™ Champion for your brand to receive valuable recognition and an opportunity to amplify your message for equity, diversity and inclusion and engage your workforce with a common purpose.
APPLY as a Top Company to amplify your commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and the advancement of women.
Nominate a SupportHER (allie)
Showcase your company’s initiatives for EDI, the advancement of women and promoting allyship.
- Commitment to advance women in your industry
- Share your commitment to ED&I within your organization
- Showcase your initiatives to SupportHER™ in your workplace and ecosystem
- Attract and retain top talent
- Showcase your Supplier Diversity Program
- Be a visible SupportHER™
- Promote an inclusive culture and allyship within your organization
Who is Eligible?
Any size company either public or private with operations in Canada and the USA..
Who Can Apply?
If you are a customer, employee, partner, vendor, or customer of a company with operations in Canada and the USA committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Recognizing companies across all industries
- Nominate employees from your organization for the Women of Inspiration Awards
- Nominate vendors or partners in your ecosystem for the Women of Inspiration Awards
- Nominate Advisors, Board Members, Consultants
APPLY – Complete the Nomination Form Below
- APPLY as a Top Company – Deadline September 15
- SupportHER Nomination Package – Deadline to submit by September 15
- Participate in International SupportHER™ Day – June 7, 2024 (the First Friday of June each year)
- Top Companies List Announced at Women of Inspiration™ Awards
The Selection Process will be reviewed on the following:
- Corporate Culture
- Initiatives to Advance Women within the Workplace and BOD
- Initiatives to SupportHER™ and Promote Allyship
- Pay Equity
- Supplier Diversity Program
- Commitment to ED&I Initiatives
- Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Training and Development Initiatives
- Community Involvement
- Overall Commitment to be a visible SupportHER™
Benefits of Nomination
- To be a visible leader in your industry committed to ED& I and as a SupportHER™ Champion.
- To amplify your company initiatives for ED&I and to advance women
- To attract and retain top leaders who align with your values
- To contribute your industry knowledge or research
- To be included in the National Press Release listed as a Top Company – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) SupportHER™ Champion
- UWomen Magazine™ – Listed as a Top Company – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) SupportHER™ Champion
- 2023 Top Company – Equity Diversity and Inclusion SupportHER logo + for your marketing materials
- Opportunity for your company to be recognized as a Top Company – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) SupportHER™ Champion
- Opportunity to participate in the 2024 SupportHER Research Study – Closing the Gap – Welcoming Men to the Conversation as Allies and SupportHERs. Co-branding opportunities are available. Contact us for details.
- Opportunity to become an International SupportHER Day Partner to engage your workforce, vendors, customers and partners. Contact us for details.
5 Ways to Champion for Women in Business
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This can include advocating for hiring, promoting, and supporting women at all levels of the organization.
- Encourage and support the professional development of women in your organization. This can include offering mentorship and sponsorship opportunities, as well as providing access to certification, training and professional development resources.
- Use your platform and influence to speak out and take action on issues that impact women in business, such as the gender pay gap and workplace harassment.
- Serve as a role model for other women in the organization by setting a positive example and promoting a culture of equality and respect.
- Be an ally and advocate for women in your personal and professional networks. This can include offering support and guidance to women who are seeking to advance their careers and advocating for their successes. Be a visible SupportHER in your industry. Engage your teams with SupportHER Certification and promote allyship.
Benefits of Gender Equity
- Companies with gender diversity are 15% more likely to have higher financial returns.*
- If women were enabled to fully participate in the economy, we would contribute $150 billion to our GDP by 2026.*
- Investors who focus on companies that have a gender diversity strategy are rewarded with annual growth rates of 3.5%. * Source: McKinley
- 82% of investors believe that women should be better represented on corporate boards **
- 77% of Canadian investors agree that companies with sustainability practices are better long-term investments.**
* Source: McKinley; **2017 RIA Investor Opinion Survey in Focus: Gender Diversity