- This event has passed.
leadher-series LeadHER Series – Helle Bank Jorgensen
April 13, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm MDT$20.00
Each month we host the Virtual LeadHER Series in conversation with inspiring leaders from diverse industries. This is a golden opportunity to connect and learn from leaders driving change, participate in the discussion, and make valuable connections with women from across Canada.
We embrace inclusivity and value diverse perspectives.
Just because we cannot meet in person does not mean that we cannot forge solid relationships, share knowledge, and grow personally and professionally. Don’t miss this opportunity to build your circle of influence each month and hear from authentic leaders who share their career paths and inspiring story!
If you are someone who values building relationships, interested to grow your connections and learning from others, this is the virtual networking platform for you!
Our goal is simple. Connect, build relationships and learn from inspiring leaders driving change.
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
Time: 5:00 pm MST – 6:00 pm MST
Registered guests will receive a link to the REPLAY.
- 5:00 pm MST – LeadHER Interview
- 5:30 pm MST – Q and A + Networking
LeadHER Series – Helle Bank Jorgensen – Founder and CEO, Competent Boards
2020 Women of Inspiration Global Impact Award | @HelleBankJorgen
Helle has been at the forefront of value-creating ESG and sustainability issues since I created the world’s first Green Account in 1991, as well as the world’s first Integrated Report in 2002. I have written numerous articles on emerging best practices, are a keynote speaker for sustainability and ESG issues and I’ve been interviewed by global media outlets. My career started at PwC where I was a Partner for 11 years.
Helle Bank Jorgensen is an internationally recognized expert on sustainable business practices, with a 30-year record of turning environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks into innovative and profitable business opportunities. She works with many global Fortune 500 board members and executives, as well as smaller companies and investors.
Helle is the founder and chief executive of Competent Boards, which offers online climate and ESG programs that draw on the experience of over 150 renowned board members, executives, and investors. Hundreds of directors and senior executives have enrolled in these programs to mitigate the risks and seize the opportunities presented by ESG and climate change.
A regular keynote speaker at major events, Helle is also the author of the newly published book Stewards of The Future: A Guide for Competent Boards. This book shows boards must have the insight and foresight to ask the right questions of management on complex issues such as climate change, ESG, corruption, cybersecurity, human trafficking and supply-chain resilience to realize long-term profits and sustainability.
Helle serves at:
- Nasdaq Center for Board Excellence’s Sustainability & ESG Insights Council;
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Expert Network for Corporate Governance, Leadership, and Emerging Multinationals;
- His Royal Highness Prince of Wales A4S (Accounting for Sustainability) Global Expert Panel;
- The Non-financial Digitisation Working Group of the Impact Management Project (IMP);
- The Reuters Panel of Expert Judges for the Responsible Business Awards;
- Canadian Climate Governance Experts –- a Commonwealth Climate & Law Initiative.
She has served as the Chair of the European Sustainability Reporting Association (ESRA), the Global Compact Network Canada, Datamaran, and as a member of the Sustainability Advisory Panel of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the Sustainability Policy Group of the Institute of European Accountants (FEE).
She trained as a business lawyer and state-authorized public accountant (CPA) in Denmark, and holds a master’s degree in business administration and auditing. She is a former PwC audit and advisory partner in Denmark and the United States, leading the firm’s sustainability and climate practices.
Helle has pioneered corporate reporting of ESG as part of the widening recognition that environmental, social, and governance issues are a crucial contributor to any organization’s success—or failure. She created the world’s first “green account” based on lifecycle assessment, and the first integrated annual report that combines ESG with financial performance. She has worked on natural capital accounting for the International Finance Corporation and the World Bank.
In 2020 she was awarded the Global Impact Award and named one of “5 people in ESG to look out for.” She is also the author of many thought-leading articles
We invite you to join the conversation with inspiring leaders from diverse industries who share their leadership wisdom, perspectives, and how they have overcome challenges as a woman in business.
Event Details – Event Link to be emailed to the registered guest day of the event. Registered guests will receive a link to the REPLAY.
- All registered guests emailed a link to the LeadHER Series recording post-event.
- Event registration closes 60 min prior to the event.
- The meeting room opens at 4:45 pm MST 6:45 pm EST, the day of the event.
- Access to the room will be closed at 5:05 pm MST | 7:05 pm EST
- Participants are encouraged to use the chatbox to enter: Full Name, Business, Location
- Q and A- We invite participants to join the Q and A.
- Break-out rooms will be scheduled for connecting with participants.
- LeadHER Series – This is a recorded session. Participants are requested to turn the gallery and microphones off during the interview.
- Closed Captioning.
Upcoming LeadHER Series – May 11 – Register here.
Women of Inspiration – Women Driving Change Book – Order a Book!